Waterfront Activity Fair
Saturday, July 14th, 2012
Liberty State Park
City of Water Day features hundreds of unique, fun, and educational waterfront activities organized by the Metropolitan Waterfront Alliance and its over 640 Alliance Partners. Below is a list of participating organizations at Liberty State Park. To host a table or activity at the Waterfront Activity Fair Click Here
- Appalachian Mountain Club, NY-North Jersey Chapter: Display table promoting the protection, enjoyment, and wise use of the mountains, rivers and trails of the Appalachian region
- Birdsall Services Group, Inc.: A display table with Birdsall Services Group pamphlets, brochures, and past project literature. Also, scuba and dive gear for a hands-on experience.
- Bright Current: On the spot home evaluations via satellite and free quotes to interested homeowners. Set up includes tables, signage, tent, display materials, binders, free refreshments (water), a solar panel and solar powered toys for kids.
- Donate Life Hudson County: A display table with bracelets, air fresheners, pens, lapel pins, educating the public on organ and tissue donation awareness.
- Fastiges' Made With Love: All natural dog biscuits, handmade pet accessories, handmade arts
- Food & Water Watch: Buttons, Stickers, T-shirts and watter bottles free with a membership
- Hudson County Improvement Authority: The HCIA has broad responsibilities for overseeing solid waste issues, recycling education and transportation management
- ING Financial Partners: Free giveaways as well as information about how ING can help individuals and families achieve their financial goals.
- Ison Products: selling Lotions, Body Butters, Creams, Bath salts, lip balm, all purpose cleaners
- Liberty Real Estate: Their Mascot Lady Liberty will hand out give-aways with Home buyer & Seller area information.
- New Jersey Meadowlands Commission: Informational materials on eco-tourism in the Meadowlands District, including an enviromental kids activity
- NJDEP, Division of Parks and Forestry: Information on New Jersey's State parks, forests and historic sites.
- NY-NJ Harbor Coalition: Display table at both LSP and GI with large color posters, brochures and printed info about the Coalition, and opportunities to sign a support petition online (viia laptop) and on paper.
- Occupy Wall Street: Engagement in Conversation
- Stand Up Paddle Board Tours with REI: Sign up at REI's booth at the Waterfront Activity Fair on South Field
- USCG Auxiliary: Handouts and demos relating to Coast Guard's role in prevention and response to pollution incidents. Oil spill cleanup demo.
- Wrap 4 A Smile Foundation, Inc.: Educate youth and family members on urban farming to promote healthy lifestyle
- And many more partners and organizations