Program of Events
at City of Water Day
Liberty State Park
10am - 4pm
There are a number of exciting waterfront activities at Liberty State Park on the day of the fesitval. Many of the events are different from the ones at Governors Island and provide for beautiful views into Manhattan and new experiences. For a map of City of Water Day and directions to Liberty State Park click here.
We are planning:
- Waterfront Activity Fair with trivia games, models and simulations, and historic literature.
- Children's Activities including animal demonstrations, a wave tank, face painting, and other fun opportunities.
- Guided Historic Boat Tours around the harbor
- FREE Ferry Trips between Governors Island and Liberty State Park
- Stand-up paddle board tours with REI (Sign up at REI's booth at the Waterfront Activity Fair on South Field)
- Kayak Tours* (Sign up at the Liberty State Park Interpretive Center tables on South Field)
- Press Event
- Live Music and Numerous Options for food
- Greater Newark Conservancy Urban Habitat Program: (11am-noon)
- Turtle Back Zoo Wildlife Demonstration: (12:30-1:00pm & 1:30-2:00pm)
- 25% off bike rentals from Easy Riders JC (pick up outside Train Terminal)
Table at City of Water Day
Directions to Liberty State Park
*Minimum age is 16. 16 to 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Please wear closed shoes or footwear to protect against rocks and glass
Be sure to check out the Governors Island program for more exciting events.