Be sure to take in the sights at the 2013 City of Water Day while sampling the delicious variety of food from trucks and carts, incuding Vendy Award-winning food vendors!
We encourage you to bring water (there will be some water available from vendors, but it's always good to bring a bottle of your own), and cash (for buying food and merchandise).
Explore the different food options at each of the City of Water Day locations:
Arepa Lady (Colombian)
- Enjoy some fresh Arepas at the Arepa Lady! From cheesey goodness to sweet treats, you'll be sure to have your food cravings satisfied!
Calvern Catering (Soul Food)
- In keeping with the Continental and true Southern Hospitality we have prided ourselves upon, Calvern Catering will be bringing the South to Governors Island by serving a variety of Southern Dishes that will have you standing in line for seconds. The menu will include fresh collard greens, fish, mouth watering ribs, roasted chicken, homemade sweet potato pies, jelly cakes and bread pudding and much more to enjoy!
Coolhaus (Ice Cream Sandwiches)
- Cool off with a one-of-a-kind Coolhaus treat, with a choice of five different artison cookies and over five homemade ice cream flavors!
Fauzia II (Carribbean)
- Vendy Award Finalist, Fauzia II comes to Governors Island with a variety of Carribean meals that will have your mouth watering for more. From grilled fish with veggies to honey mustard BBQ tofu to red velvet cake, there is something for everyone to enjoy!
Lonestar Taco (Mexican)
- "We create seasonal menu items that showcase the region's bounty through sourcing our ingredients from local farmers and producers." Lonestar offers a flavorful taco menu that is impossible not to try!
Wafels and Dinges (Waffels)
- Wafels & Dinges has conquered the hearts, smiles and appetites of New Yorkers with its bright yellow waffle-trucks and carts driving around the City, receiving great praise from food critics and the public. Celebrity chef Bobby Flay featured Wafels & Dinges on his signature Food Network show, “Throwdown”, which is recognition of excellence in our culinary domain. Our concept attracts followers from all over the world, having been featured by numerous local, national and international media outlets and specialized press. In 2009 Wafels & Dinges won the prestigious “Vendy Award” for “Best Mobile Dessert Vendor” in New York City. In 2010, 2011 and 2012 Zagat rated Wafels & Dinges as the #1 mobile vendor in NYC.
Liberty State Park
Statue Cruises (Ice Cream)
- Cool off with some treats!
Ben & Jerry's (Ice Cream)
- Ice Cream!
The Taco Truck (Mexican)
- Experience authentic, local Mexican food at Liberty State Park with the Taco Truck! Offering affordable tacos, tortas, and more!
If you are a food vendor interested in coming to City of Water Day at Governors Island or at Liberty State Park in NJ, please contact Stephanie Hill at email@example.com or sign up here!